PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia it is!
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 14:51
GAFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MASTEMA, If I did that I would then have to give my son a command

My post reflects how recruitment in the future will occur at Virgin Australia based on facts rather than what people may have heard. For those who are members of the AFAP if you look at the Virgin Blue updates from early this year I think you will find info about them gaining a relaxation of the first must be to the LH seat. That paragraph should never have been in the current EBA, as it only works if you have a 1 aircraft type fleet and when the EBA was put together Virgin was moving to 2 aircraft type fleet.

The company is looking after the FO's who have been loyal, with most of the Ejet FO's having been on the aircraft for 2-3 years and most want to stay on it, but they can earn more as a 737 FO. If fleet pay comes in then they would stay on the Ejet and that might change what aircraft type new pilots would start on (still won't be the Bus).

JB has said it on numerous occasions the expansion that has occurred during the last 10 years will not happen again. He wants Virgin Australia to be the best airline in Australia, not the biggest. So those FO's who have joined in the last 1-2 years and those who will join in the future will be in the RH seat for a longer time than those in the past and if you want a Command on the 330 or 737 in Brisbane than you will be waiting at least 8 years.

So if you don't like the idea of being in the RH seat of the Ejet for a few years, before moving into the RH seat of the 737 or 330 don't apply it's that simple.