PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 11:30
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
keep digging
Spade at the ready.

Like I say, BKK took me almost an hour. Amongst the several widebodies that arrived around the same time was a Transaero and the incredibly rude Russians on that flight didn't help by trying to push in. In my opinion it was a bit of a free for all. There were indeed Thai channels which moved quicker but we all know that MAN (and othe UK regionals) have a higher percentage of outbound pax so perhaps this is the issue when several widebodies land at the same time.

(and I am sure you are not in the RDF, as you say so)
Excuse me? In the what? RAF? Where does it say that?

Now I know it's a pain in the having to wait in line....nobody likes it but from experience it's not a constant problem at MAN unlike some other airports. Sometimes we just have to wait in life.

My original point was more broadly aimed at the MAN bashers who indeed don't put things into perspective. Particular irritants are the "ohh EK won't stand for that" brigade. My last long haul trip was to BKK and just happened to be EK.......my experience was.

DXB Shambolic boarding of an A380 using just two gate agents with no clear organisation.

BKK Long wait at immigration

MAN Excellent check in, very organised boarding and immigration took 5 mins despite being at the back of a 77W.

On that trip, out of MAN, DXB, BKK, HKT and USM it was MAN that offered the best experience but despite the "snags" at the other airports (including a 40 minute wait at USM check in) I didn't think it let those airports down......I put it into perspective. It is just good to compare these things with the "palaces" that many MAN folk have wet dreams about. i.e they too aren't perfect.

Again, just my experience but people need to keep things balanced rather than always taking the "it's a disgrace" attitude.