PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Masters Program at The University of Newcastle Australia
Old 8th May 2011, 11:18
jibba_jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Masters A.mgmt

Yeah mate, I have applied for it and waiting for the RPL to come back. It seems ok, but I dont have a undergrad degree but according to my mate who lectures at a uni said that it still maybe worth doing because it show you have some academic performance and qualification and most places wont ask for undergrade cert if you have a Masters.

Sure, the people who go to uni for the undergrad stuff always poo poo the RPL and heading for the Masters but I think they are secretly jealous because these same people always state that they a) cant remember 70% of what they learned in the undergrad course; and b) when they get into the real work world they dont know much at all.

So, it seems easy to get RPL for the ATPL Qualification, and maybe for one or two other subjects and therefore leave you with only a handful of subjects to do. (8 subjects in total. 4 are aviation related).

they are approx $1300 - $2000 per subject. Not sure if that includes reading material?

just go to gradschool.com.au and email them. They are helpful. Oh, if you apply through them you dont pay an application fee that you would normally pay through the UAC.

hope that helps