PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th May 2011, 09:43
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Well all, as a CSD you can do IFAs on any crew member and should do an IFA on a main crew member if you are working with them. You may be only held accountable for your Purser IFA score but you are still responsible for all the IFAs on your flights.

Some of you may be in for a big shock soon as BA, I know for sure on E/F, are talking about increasing the frequency of IFAs from 90 to 30 days. I personally think that would be ridiculous unless the assessment was more of a tick box form but on E/F that is one of our new Head of Department's ( S.M.) latest ideas as she has already done it in M/F.

Prism.
I have not been listening to galley gossip and have my information direct from someone very close to M/F. ( I cannot say more otherwise I may inadvertently identify my source). She has said that there will definitely be a pay rise for main crew and a bigger one for F/T crew and that the F/T role is going to become a stand alone rank similar to Purser as they are doing a lot of work similar to the Purser on WW and this will also give the other cabins more direction.

I don't know what the amount is but they have already established that these crew are earning less than market rate + 10% and I really think that is pretty obvious. So YES they will definitely be getting an uplift on their sallary. Don't forget that in charter airlines crew can earn £300 a month in commision and many have a more generous hourly rate. So I think it is you that is wrong, not me.