PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th May 2011, 08:28
hula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you will find the CSD coming more out of the Club World service routine more and more now
In principle yes. But more often than not I do not feel confident leaving the Club World service as I find that many (not all!) crew need direction in its delivery. I also don't think it fair to leave the service (therefore leaving the Club crew working 'one down') now that the CSD is part of its delivery.

CSDs are not expected to complete IFAs on main crew
crew will need to find PSRs to complete their IFA's
Really? Thats not what my manager expects from me! I am an onboard manager. I am working in Club with 3 other crew ( No Purser). Therefore I am the only manager who can assess them onboard. It wouldn't be fair not complete an assessment on a crew member whos trigger is high just because ' I am not expected to'! I am paid to manage performance. Its easier to assess those crew I am working in the same cabin with as opposed to a Purser who is in a different cabin!

I think that the passengers appreciate seeing the senior crew member out in the cabin
Perhaps they do! I have no evidence of this though. Most don't even realise!!

I do agree that the standard of the Club service has improved....what does that tell you?!!