PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to India or China with the wife? Advice needed.
Old 8th May 2011, 02:11
coco-nuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only worked in India so I can comment on that. My wife lived with me as well. We lived in Delhi and then Mumbai for about 3 months each and it was fairly enjoyable however, a couple of Caveats for you.

1. Holding hands in public by a couple is OGLED, and can be quite uncomfortable. No problems if you have a same sex couple holding hands though. Don't ask me why?

2. If your wife wears a mini as mine did, then expect further ogling. Lol! Eyes everywhere!

3. While I
was there, a girl was slapped by a 'moral policewoman' in a park for making eyes at her male partner.???? Go figure.

Shopping, well your wife will love it especially around the Circus in Delhi. In fact you will probably like it too. Just don't give any money to the street kids or you will soon be surrounded by a hundred of them. An American mate did this and thank god he was 6 foot 5 as the little kids couldn't quite reach up to him. He did have to scramble though to get away.

The flying is fun if you like being number 22 to start etc. Slow down from about 200 miles. Controlling is average and I got my near miss from an IA A320 breaking its altitude. When I left there was 35 near misses and rising!

Yes India is dirty, and you can literally smell the place once your outflow valves open but I still enjoyed my time there amongst the locals.

Don't tell anyone how to operate their train set, because it is theirs.

Oh yeah, ride the tuk-tuks.

cheers

coco