PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to India or China with the wife? Advice needed.
Old 8th May 2011, 02:06
Saint Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to India or China with the wife? Advice needed.

despegue: An excellent post and a very important topic that is greatly underestimated. When we move to a foreign country to work the culture change, or culture shock if you wish, affects the wives more than us. Once we arrive at our place of work, whether it be a flight operations department or a maintenance hangar, we're in a familiar environment and at ease - relatively speaking. BUT, the moment our wives step outside the front door they're immediately in a very unfamiliar environment and have to learn fast. As we all know, some do this successfully while some falter. I once knew an American pilot in Asia who had his girlfriend with him onsite and she would sit at home during the day and cry.

If your wife is made of sterner stuff - go for it! My preference would be China over India. I can assure you that Hainan is a great place with a fantastic climate and ample nature, culture and shopping. Best of luck to you both.