PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are so many EK FO's failing the upgrade interviews?
Old 7th May 2011, 18:25
mini cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fliion, so this new TRE thing, does it mean we will get more head strong, anally retentive, overly ambitious, brown nosing FOs with no prior command experience getting upgraded then accelerated into training with little time on the line, then ending up as TREs preaching to us all - or did he leave already!!!!

We have some exceptional trainers here (and some not so good ones as well) however most at least have some experience, I would just like some common sense applied during selection and training so this can be passed on.

We all know when we see someone during training that has a good grasp on the what is needed in the LHS or at least has potential . I'm not talking about the flying, if you can't do it by the time you upgrade then thats a bigger problem. I'm talking about common sense, if those coming for upgrade don't have it then surely they should be given some direction by someone with experience!!!