PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 7th May 2011, 18:13
Count Niemantznarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hula. CSD's do all the things you say,plus now they have their time monopolised being a Club Purser as well. I fail to see how they are expected to write reports on Pursers, if they are unable to observe them working?

I do feel a little sorry for the WW CSD's whose role has probabaly become the worst job on the aircraft. Also in my opinion, BA have unnecessarily loaded up CSD's by making them responsible for a door at 1L, when the crew member they sit oppposite or beside has nothing like the responsibilites of a CSD getting a flight away, and being ready at the door with paperwork when the aircraft arrives.

I asked at SEP a couple of weeks ago why CSD's had been given a door responsibility. No one could give a logical answer. Obviously on the 767 there is no option, but making a CSD rush from the office on a 747 to put his door in manula, and then rushing back to start the safety demo seems to habe been a daft decision by some faceless wonder.

So I am not surprised that CSM's are leaving MF or going back to their old jobs. For the money, BA wants blood out of a stone.