PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 7th May 2011, 12:53
hula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The surprise I had was that it was CSM's going
I know of one CSM training course where 3 left before completing the course. They returned to their previous airlines who offered them their jobs back.

Speaking to a friend who is Flight Crew with Thomson, he was telling me that a number of their seniors had been offered CSM but were reconsidering as they saw the role and responsibilities too daunting to be able to confidently undertake.

Even after working for BA for years, I still find the role of CSD challenging at times. Different customer profiles, route specific routines and customs, premium cabin service style and standards, crew performance management, flight crew relations, working with service partners, how to fix an inop seat!!!!, wrestle your way through AVOD.....all these to name a few isn't something you just learn in a 6 week training course. For external SCCMs it must be a hugely daunting prospect of taking out a wide-bodied a/c, in charge.

There has to be alot said for gaining years of experience in a large company with a world-renowned brand. And our customers expect this, especially when things go wrong!!

Lets hope that the whole MF package is made more attractive for everyone. That way our customers will recieve the standard of service they expect from BA.