PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2011, 12:37
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MANflyer I have re-read your post. Yes, slowly. You give factual information, check. But then you go on to say
it is totally unacceptable and needs sorting, sharpish.
That is no longer factual, but your own opinion. Consequently, I replied by agreeing with AlphaRomeoWhisky by saying
lets put it into perspective
As a ARW mentioned, due to a couple of delays it meant that several large aircraft landed at once. In such situations you are always going to get a bottleneck. Do we have extra staff on duty just in case? In an ideal world yes but these days that just wouldn't happen. Armchair CEO I certainly am not, neither am I a MAN apologist but some people moan and groan about MAN, making out it is the worst hole in the world but have any of you ever been to JFK when several European widebodies land at the same time in the early afternoon? What about BKK where I recently waited almost an hour? Hence my post suggesting that we put it into perspective. If i went down the corridor asking those passengers to put it into perspective, of course most wouldn't agree but then they are the ones waiting.

What I will say to you MANflyer is that if you are going to be condescending asking me to re-read slowly and insinuating that I misjudged the context of your post then atleast re-read your post aswell. Your post wasn't just factual but also opinionated (nothing wrong with that) and that is what my reply was based upon.