PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 6th May 2011, 19:27
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Hand Solo,

You are very wrong about the Customer Survey Scores.

WW score consistently high scores and are available for YOU to read in the comms room, next to the coffee shop. 92% customer satisfaction is the current score on display.

Mixed Fleets scores have been taken down but were not as high.

E/F scores are on show next to the E/F managers, who sit next to Flight Crew admin desks and are there for you to see. They are 75% and going up.

The difference in the sets of scores is because they are collected differently. WW and I believe M/F long-haul flights are collected by the CSD or CSM giving out surveys; E/F and I believe M/F short-haul flights are done by email to passengers some time after their flight.

The in-flight method collects more results and the scores are higher. The passengers are more inclined to respond and they have plenty of time during the flight to complete the survey.
The email version has less chance of being influenced, but the forms are completed later and many passengers don't respond, leaving a result that is a mix of the dissatisfied and the very satisfied and those in between not bothering to even open the email. It also has the added problem that passengers may have travelled on up to four BA flights on their way to and from their holiday and so therefore the results are not so specific.

As you can see this makes it almost impossible to compare the three fleets and I have been told that BA are not doing so. M/F flights are also going out with 3 or 4 extra crew or VCCs on them and I have been specifically concerned that this could affect their scores and I went and asked today if BA would be comparing results.

We as fleets are trying to beat our own scores and improve on them and they are ALL up at the moment on ALL fleets.

So please don't peddle your nasty prejudices on here. If you take the time to visit some other airline websites where our Executive Club passenger post you will be able to see exactly what our customers are thinking, rather than guessing using your prejudiced feelings about WW and E/F crew, who are predominantly very professional, experienced and caring towards our passengers.

Judd,
BA legacy crew, as you call it, are paid in a similar way down-route to you but get less days off!!. The only difference is that for long duties, overtime or a box payment is made on top of our monthly salary. The longer the flight the higher the box number is ie box 1,2,3 or 4 and the bigger the payment. Most flights don't have box payments, they are only usually on flights that require crew bunk rest in order to operate them.

The new fleet that BA has started does not pay box payments for long flights or overtime for long duty days and instead of allowances based on the individual country, the crew get an hourly rate from check-in to clear.

That's the simple version for you.

Last edited by Betty girl; 7th May 2011 at 00:08.