PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 5th May 2011, 21:47
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Bettygirl
I have been training this week and listening to a manager address the class. The numbers on Mixed Fleet will be just under half that of Eurofleet (1400) by the beginning of 2012 and then recruitment is expected to slow considerably. The further growth relied on the uptake of part-time by the existing fleets and IFCE have been disappointed to find that less than 40% of those on the lists have accepted part-time due to ongoing concerns about the future stability of our pay. Thereafter, any recruitment will rely on retirement (which no-one has to take until they are about 100 now) and on people leaving (which also tends to be quite low among EF and WW crew). In short, while the transfer of work seems to be quite rapid at the moment, when the recruitment stops, so will the work transfer.

He also said that the mixed fleet turnover is around 3% among the main crew which is 2% lower than projected and 0% among CSM's and FTC so BA are quite happy with that for now. If they were leaving in droves there would be a greater chance of the pay being re-assessed!

I know you are still feeling sore about the hat but remember, when this uniform was designed we were all sent a questionnnaire about what we wanted and we pretty much all said we were sick of wearing a hat and only wanted to wear one for special occasions. I'm sure you wouldn't want to swap your coat and cardi for one either. Tell your manager that you would like to wear one and see if they can get you on a Cruise charter or VIP flight. Also think of applying to the promotions team and then you can wear one all through the Olympics. (We need a smiley with a hat!)

Above all, don't let it get you down. I rely on your posts to cheer me up when I've had a bad day at work! After 24 years at BA there is one thing I am certain of, if you don't like the way things are at the moment....stick around because it will all change again and again and again, mostly back to where you started!