PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 5th May 2011, 19:31
GardenofEden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Betty,

Hope you had a good day, I must admit I hate them with a passion...bit of a night owl! Thanks for your reasoned point of view, which I know you have been throughout. As I worked as a temp for three years on WW I know their allowances inside out as I used to earn them and you are indeed right, the ludicrous, over inflated wages quoted by some are not . true for the majority of the crew. However I am in exactly the same personal situation as you without the ex to help and to be honest I'm holding on with the skin of my teeth hoping for a glimmer of hope!

An example to compare would be the recent LHR-HKG-NRT-HKG-LHR, over 4 days...MF did not get a quarter of the WW allowance for their normal LHR-HKG-LHR with 38 hours duty time for the whole trip, followed by 2 days off..... Take home is 760 basix after tax/pension....realisation soon slips in after 6 months!!!

If only I had joined Ba a few years earlier...but hey ho thats the contract I signed as I couldn't stay a temp anymore!!! Wouldn't have mind though