PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet another AW139 tail incident at Gulf helis
Old 5th May 2011, 14:04
blakmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sanus said
the aircraft is safe to fly since the TGB will only let go if a TRB lets go first
My son Darius first promulgated the Darius Asterisk Proposition. His representation of your statement would be

" the aircraft is safe to fly* since the TGB will only let go if a TRB lets go first"

Note the asterisk, which implies "under certain, controled, modified and restricted circumstances and in no other cases whatsoever"...

You get the idea. It is a bit like the big M healthy* burger. I never eat the big M. Who would eat a product sold by a clown? It might taste funny!

This response tastes funny. Your cheque is in the mail, I'll still love you in the morning????

I still ask if there are close photos of the edge of the failures of the blade root. I'll bet that there is evidence of the same micro-voiding as seen in other examples of disbonds for that adhesive in the tail boom. (I can explain why the "undiscovered damage*" theory promulgated by the AW report is * if anyone wants to PM me).

If there is micro-voiding in the bondlines, this is is a systemic problem with their bonding facilities.

I have made approaches to AW through a number of contacts suggested by member of PPRune and even EASA, to no evail. I have even provided the information for FREE at http://www.adhesionassociates.com/pa...ve%20Bonds.pdf

I guess that the old addage applies: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think it is wine. Or even a Big Mac.

Regards

Blakmax