PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 5th May 2011, 08:57
GardenofEden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Betty

Thanks for your reply...but as you say I can't have 'your standard of money' and at the moment you cannot have a mf hat......I'd give up the hat and the lot, and wear a bin bag if I could have your t & cs but its never going to happen and that is not what I signed up for and I guess at the time you signed your contract a hat wasn't part of the uniform standard.

I must admit that on mass, the hats do look impressive, but when you take them off onboard and your hair looks like a pancake on top its doesn't look very attractive at all!!!!

In reality Betty they are a pain in the backside but look lovely. It doesn't change the way I do my job because I wear one, but my life has changed totally due to the renumeration, rostering and days off etc......when people say 'you knew what you were signing up for', in reality many and I do mean MANY did not realise how low the pay is after you have fed and watered yourself down route. I loved working with WW crew and had a ball and I love working with MF crew.....but you know having a 'ball' is not the term I could use now as financially you can't have one!!

I hold out for things to change....many do.....but when it comes down to it I do believe that you have more chance of getting your hat than I will ever have of earning a decent wage that I can live on without worry.

Just wanted to give you a different angle to look at....hope all goes well with sorting out your dispute and that it comes to an end with a good conclusion for you.

Take care
GOEx