PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet another AW139 tail incident at Gulf helis
Old 4th May 2011, 09:33
Swinging Spanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up "Someone has to put their hands up and say its our problem!!!"

thehighlander959
Again, I believe that GH had covered up the registration/logo as part of company procedure-which is standard for the aviation industry including airlines.

You are right in commenting on the hope to get to the bottom of the issue whether its manufacturer/engineering/maintenance...I couldn't agree more.

Regardless, what doesn't help the situation is a slow decline in level of technical competance of maintenance staff. For sure there are very skilled/capable technicians from the countries where GH are currently hiring from but generally speaking-people from these countries are "culturally" non-confrontational and passive in nature.
In any work environment there needs to be a balance between this passive culture and people that will stand up and say something if it isn't right. Finally to have management who are encouraged to embrace this dynamic to then find a happy medium.
I think GH has continued to lean one way for quite a while, and this can only be done with the direction from the very top. Hopefully this event may influence the current culture with the end result being the supply of a good product.

Best of luck.