PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 21:11
Montreal-Dubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newcastle Security

Hello FL Dutchman

No, you arnt the only one who doesnt seem to have problems going through NCL. I always find it fine, and I cant understand any of these comments, they must defo be one off experiences of which I am sorry that this has occured. I travel through NCL every month at various times and with varying amounts of crowds, but never once do I have to wait that long, never more than 10 minutes, and I dont use any of the fast-track options, there is no point, unless you fly with T3 and get the "fast-track" included automatically. And these folk who would waste time to travel overland to LHR quite frankly need their heads examining. I have done this aswell several times, and this form of journey has in my opinion got worse over the years. The last time I did it was 2006, and that was when I abandoned the SE of England as a departure point and used NCL from then on. Connectivity has got better at NCL since then particularly once EK came our way, so civilised, and I for one love the thought everytime I board at DXB that I only have 1 leg to go to get home, and I can be out of the airport building within 30 mins of hitting the tarmac, there arnt many places in the world where you can do that consistantly eh??? And all this talk recently of slight problems with Air-Bridges etc etc during spells of strong winds!!! Streuth, you want to try being stuck onboard an AF 777 which has got stuck, yes stuck in snow whilst taxi-ing to the terminal at Montreal when its -20 and a blizzard!!! Everyone just accepts weather delays as part of the course sometimes in places like that, its not the end of the world.