PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Captain Arrested
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:08
rasper90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Since, I couldn't resist commenting about the on going drivel.

Contrary to the knowledgeable comments of some members some facts about Indian license holders.

1. Contrary to some fantastic figures reported on earlier posts, about 18 "suspected cases " of fake licenses have emerged.

2.Yes, we have a problem with our regulatory authority which was not revamped when the aviation liberalization policy took place.Hence, the policing and monitoring might be archaic.That, however does not come in the way of specific safety monitoring such as 100% DFDR monitoring and recently 100% BA preflight(nuisance) on all Airline operations.
Some countries permit a minimal BA % for mouth alcohol,we don't have anything of that sort.The FAA altp exam is a 5 day question bank cramming
session.The Indian altp is a 3 paper exam that has only recently become an objective exam.The Indian DGCA plans to make it similar to the JAR format July '11 onwards.

3.The medical standards for civil pilots is stricter than both FAA and European standards.Whether it's required to be at that standard maybe debatable,but hey you want to make money or get a job you work to my rules(expats doing
medicals in India serves local pilot interest since most expats have not had to
deal with such strict medicals and invariably fail the medicals initially at least.

4.The last fatal accident involving an Indian carrier was commanded by a JAR ALTP holder.Both recent non fatal accidents with aircraft damage one was by a FAA Altp and the other by another JAR license holder.All expat Captains first world experience and training.I AM NOT SAYING THAT'S WHY IT HAPPENED I AM JUST SAYING WHEN YOU SHOOT YOUR MOUTH STICK TO THE FACTS.

5.Today,most news agencies in India are trying to outdo each other with more breaking or shocking news.What you read might not be factual, hence a bit of restraint would earn us more regard.

Having said all that blah blah blah, we do have serious issues that need to be dealt with and are being dealt with on a daily basis by a lot of right thinking individuals.