PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF A330 severe hard landing ccs
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:29
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris,
As you've probably noticed, I don't really post any more on this forum for the appalling lack of courtesy, parochialism or pure hatred one doesn't see anywhere else on any aviation-related sites (and I am a member of a few...)
The whole site is a huge jet blast and when I see you, or PJ2 or PBL savaged by imbeciles who don't know their asses for their noses, let alone talk about aviation, I can't accept it.

That AirFrance has a safety culture problem, I'd be the last to deny it. As a matter of fact there is a culture problem at AF, of which safety is the most important aspect. The origin of that problem dates back to the moment Air Inter was absorbed, some eighteen years ago. Can't say it better, and we could have a conversation / discussion / even an argument about it.

What is wrong is that when at the end of January, it was revealed that we'd ask a foreign panel to investigate areas of safety improvement(s), that was probably not newsworthy as the thread went totally unnoticed, although, to my knowledge, nobody else in Europe has done anything similar.
What is not acceptable is malice, and hatred ( sorry, can't see another word, when even a Canadian writes a totally unproven experience on "Aerofrog"). That's about the max I can take, and I can dish a few items of cuisine too.

Look at the AF447 search :
"Won't find the f...ing black boxes because that will kill AF and Airbus;"
"They'll never find them because they don't want to find them"
after 4 phases:
"we'll never know what happened to that airplane and AF is saved "
"they started the 5th phase but it's just a show for the families"
"they found the DFDR chassis, of course they've already removed the SSMU"
"they found the recorder, but you'll see, the data are unreadable"...

Have you seen posters acknowledge the fact that Air France, not the insurers, not the government, not anybody but the BEA, is financing the search and recovery of the recorders, the passengers and some pieces of the airplane ? And that, at a time when, according to the French law, there is a manslaughter procedure ested against them ?
On a film you could see the BEA official and a gendarme acting as "officer of the Law", putting some seals on the container and a label one can read as "AF447 Unvoluntary manslaughter..."
We, at AirFrance know better than anyone that we're going to get kicked in the teeth in that coming report : there are training / qualifications / PilotUnions attitudes / Management mistakes on social peace..... etc...issues,
but it was deemed necessary and important to get a final conclusion on that accident.
After all, who is responsible ?
Airbus ? The aircraft had been certified, down to the last pitot tube, CTM have been published...
AirFrance ? The crew have been released in accordance with DGCA texts and regulations and agreements with the AOC.
Letting the memory of the accident fade away wasn't really a bad proposition, or was it ?
But NO . Another 28 M euros later, at last the boxes are back at the surface.
Did it strike anyone how odd the whole recovery procedure is ? As if neither AF or the BEA wanted the weest smidgereen of a wisp of a hint of foul play.
I'm telling you. We live in a F...ing distorted world when one actions have to be to appease idiots, biggots and haters ( not even talking about the conspiracy crackpots ).
As for the most anti-French of all, the one who calls himself "French but fortunately trained abroad", just take a look at the French Forum. Easy and quick. You'll discover that there are two kinds of French airline pilots : those with AF and those who failed the AF entry, those who'll try and make you believe that we're born AF pilots and are privileged by birth. Sheesh !
There's somebody I hate more than a hypocrite and that's a turncoat.
I owed you that explanation, Chris, for respect's sake. I had to make sure that you knew I was INCENSED
Regards

PS
And take note of what ATC Watcher has said.
No. As I've been reading his posts on the French forum for quite a while, he'll never be a reference . from one of the most vocal and active AF bashers on the forum, I take no lesson.

Last edited by Lemurian; 3rd May 2011 at 16:31.