PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF A330 severe hard landing ccs
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 13:00
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The love-hate relation again. When I see this kind of debate I like to remind everyone that despite 700 years or so of wars against one another, the favorite first destianation for the French is London, and France is the beloved destination of many Brits.

There are things you should never mention , as John Cleese once said in a different context : " never mention the war..."

Now Lemurian is right on many points unfortunately, but like with John Cleese he should not mention certain things like 9/11 and other bits.

What Lemurian and many (if not most) of my Countrymen fail to realise , is that AF has a real and deep safety culture problem , that this problem is now on the media highlight, and that as a result every smalest incident will come up in the spotlight. Attacking the media is not the answer. Attacking the culture issue would be .
AF and the staff that work for it should not be constantly on the defensive, but rather on the safety offensive. "Waiting for the bad period to go away " as one of them said recently is appalling and would indicate they have not yet realised the seriousness of their situation..

That is the issue. Nothing to do with who won the race in Dunkerque .