PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf LAME EBA Negotiations Begin
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:17
Gas Bags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ngineer,

Valid points raised. As opposed to a tour, I have been in numerous MRO's throughout the world as a tech rep over a period of years, and have many good friends that are professional reps. I am here to tell you that it is the role of the tech rep (oversight team) to hold the MRO to task over the product they present. You will never certify as a customer for a work pack being undertaken by an MRO. Every MRO is operated as a business and they will shortchange you at every turn if you allow them. It can turn decidedly nasty at times, especially if you are on your own and against a team.

I do not disagree with you that the QF product is/was amongst the worlds finest. That is undeniable.

The point I am making is this...If a team of more than ten reps from Qantas cannot ensure that they receive a quality product from ANY MRO IN THE WORLD, then it is clearly not safe to travel by air as thousands of aircraft get maintained by independant MRO's throughout the world each year with much smaller oversight teams than Qantas send with their aircraft.

I agree with every point you raise regarding Sydney Heavy. Unfortunately the majority of MRO's will not operate in this manner as they are not part of an airline in the same way that Syd HM was.

It is a real shame that the world has gone this way, and facility's like Syd have been closed down for the express purpose of outsourcing to an overseas facility. Reality is reality and it is now up to the oversight team on any overhaul to get the best product from whatever facility they find themselves in. There are a lot worse than LHT I can assure you.

GB

Last edited by Gas Bags; 3rd May 2011 at 10:30.