PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf LAME EBA Negotiations Begin
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:17
Gas Bags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see LTP announced a new facility upgrade for Manilla - focus on 380, 330 & other types.

A further lowering of the ceiling on Australian maintenance.
Airtags,

I can understand the immediate reaction is to state what you have, however, what is the product like coming out of the LHT facility at NAIA? I have not been there myself so I cannot answer that question. Have you been there?

I would imagine that if QF ever send their aircraft to that facility then they will have a very large oversight team attending as well. The main role of the oversight team is to ensure a quality product.

I can state that for a 737 overhaul a normal oversight team would consist of 1-3 people, with some operators (the Indians especially) sending 7-8 staff to attend an overhaul. Qantas in the recent past sent between 12-16 people as an oversight team for a 737 overhaul in Asia. Obviously the numbers will be higher for a widebody.

Any MRO will do what the customer requests. That is how it works. If a team of 12-16 on a narrow body aircraft cant get a facility to provide the correct service then there should be planes dropping out of the sky on a regular basis.

On another thread I questioned a post that stated Qantas facilities, spares, manpower, etc were sadly lacking, and guess what, they were compared to LHT by others as a comeback to show how incorrect I was. As a matter of fact the almighty Sunfish even accused me of being a QF company troll in his post that stated the LHT facilities in the 80's were well advanced, for my daring to state such a thing, in his response to my post. (For the record I am not a QF troll....matter of fact I think the majority of QF management are inept, from the top to the bottom!).

Cake and eat it too?????????

GB