PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:52
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason Easy Jet have apparently given BHX is that expected yield is not high enough
This is what I don't understand - why can BHX and its catchment not produce the yield that BRS and LPL can? Solihull, Leamington, Stratford, Warwick and others close to BHX are not exactly down and out places with lots of (I assume) the type of high yielding pax apparently needed by EZY. In my opinion I think BHX is too expensive for EZY and that these pax I have mentioned either make do and fly legacy carriers from BHX or (as I often choose to do) fly from other airports direct to their destination. Lets hope WW can plug some of the BHX gaps but i'm not holding my breath.

Swiss - Phileas, I agree, Swiss mainline service is exceptional and fares can be good if booked well ahead (I flew to BHX-ATH with very good connections in ZRH), however meals on Helvetic into BHX not so, breakfast in particular is appalling, a dry croissant (no filling) and a small cup of tea or coffee, they may as well not bother!