PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Virgin Blue EBA Poll
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2002, 02:07
CAPT146

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one will deney your right to give your opinion on any subject. However the title of this post is Virgin EBA poll. One would assume from this that people reading this particular item could care less what you think of VB. If you must vent your spleen about how terrible you think VB is please feel free to start another topic and leave this one to people who are trying to find out information about the EBA. If you don't work for VB an have some constructive comments ( as opposed to non helpful banter and opinion making) about how these pilots can improve there conditons then please join in and pass on your comments. Every pilot group in every airline should be striving to improve there conditions, no matter what thier circumstances there is always ways that a contract/agreement can be improved.

As to why people chose to work for VB that is there business, the reasons are many and varied. Some by choise and I suppose some out of desperation ( a bit like ex AN capts joining QF as a S/O!). I joined VB because I wanted to. I have never applied to QF, never manage to get an interview with AN, almost had one with TN before they were taken over. I chose to work for NJS many years ago because of where I would be based and a 146 command and doubling my RAAF salary. I chose to go to VB because a got a quick command slightly better money and a lot better aeroplane. I work about as hard as I did NJS but with more overnights, but probably no more than any other 737 pilot in the world.

So please could we stop being so critical of each others operations, any lets use this forum for what it was invented for. Communicating, helping, informing, learning.