PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are so many EK FO's failing the upgrade interviews?
Old 1st May 2011, 07:21
pool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pool,as the topic starter clearly points out''rumours are that etc etc'',and you further add to that nonsense with your post about how new F/O's are ''hearing'' ''grilling'' stories.
Well personally they, the new F/O's should all stop hearing rubbish, because when you hear things they may not necessarily be exactly as events unfolded in the first place and are often fabricated to suit the story teller.

To use the term ''Grilled'' is a bit far fetched.
Whats wrong with having a meeting and discussing an event such as those that you list?Has it occurred to you that the company might want to learn something by hearing it from the horses mouth instead of going on Prune to learn about it?

Touched a nerve wv2? You sound irritated.

You qualify the forementioned as 'rubbish' and at the same time say 'they may not be exactly as events unfolded'.
Either you know EXACTLY what has happened (care to enlighten us?) or you are simply on the same level as us and only assume you know better.

Has it occured to you that someone contributing was actually involved in such an incidend and therefore could recite things quite accurately? Not doing it completely though, not to reveal his identity.

Has it occured to you that another contributor could actually have been 'invited' to a so called 'meeting', just to discover that the verdict was already on the table in print? That's some 'learning' by the company.

With the intransparent communication culture around here we have to rely way more on what we hear than in a civilized environment. You can barely blame anyone for doing that, allthough it's not without risk of misinformation, I agree.
Or do you suggest just to shut up and only use what trickles down from our leaders?

I truly hope not.

It is hard to go by the 'only follow SOP/AOM' and you're safe myth.
Too many leads show in another direction. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

But I must be wrong, as the latter is not an ECAM or AOM line.