PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are so many EK FO's failing the upgrade interviews?
Old 30th Apr 2011, 14:30
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yada, I can only assume that you were disadvantaged by the lack of increments. I went from 24k to 36k (approx). You basically jump 10 scales when you get a command.

It seems para and shift are able to see the obvious, but for some reason TU cant, why is that?

The 'friend' that you describe that had a perfect record of PPC's/ALC's proves my point admirably. For it was HE that told you he had a blindingly superb record wasn't it? Well if it was as good as he said it was then why was he asked for another PPC result? Surely even you can admit that it just doesn't add up? I suggest that he wasn't quite as good as he thinks he was!! Food for thought?

For what it's worth mate, I too think the involvement of the psych and HR departments is damned ridiculous and completely worthless, but that's the corporate mentality we have to deal with sadly.

Also for your information, it is utter crap to actually believe that you cannot make command decisions without fear of reprisal! I use airmanship, logic and previous command experience to do my job daily and if I have time I might or might not refer to the books, but it will always come a long way behind!

Nowhere did I say you had to memorise the books, jeez me of all people would have failed miserably if that was the case!! A good upgrade candidate should be able to wipe the floor with most trainers when it comes to knowledge from the books...... despite what you believe, that's NOT what they are looking for!