PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2011, 11:36
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyrano,
glad to see the you added, my comments were made in the same vein.

Shed -on-a-Pole,
Perhaps you should take yourself a little less seriously I too, as a teenage aerosexual (as MOL is reputed to have labelled his pilot workforce, of whom I previously was one) was also a spotter , in a past life ,and still harbour a very bad habit of taking nice aircraft piccies whilst working, so I am hardly likely to come on here and be high and mighty (indeed there exists a nice pic of me & my cojo waving to a couple of spotties whilst taxying out at GRO one day a few years ago on airliners.net) so , I think your sensitivities are a bit misplaced.
As for encouraging an interest in aviation ? well, prior to 9/11 my cockpit was generally "open doors", whenever was reasonable, directly as a result of previous generations of Captain's kindness to me in that respect, so ,if you please, don't categorise me as some elitist old dinosaur. I payed my own way into this profession via the self-improver route, so I know where I arrived from very well thanks.

I think you can safely assume my command of the English language would suggest "sumfin like that" is deliberately substituted for "somewhere more appropriate", perhaps my humour is just a little too subtle for you?
Anyway, the point stands, that a large percentage of posts I read on this forum tend towards the spotterish side of commercial, which is an observation,not a criticism. Room for all sorts on pprune, EVEN cabin crew
My criticism was of the mods decision to dump a pilot- orientated landing incident discussion, in the middle of your forum,perhaps due to their usual desire to have no anti-Ryanair (even though I wasn't being) material left in R&N.
This did & does, strike me as a fairly useless place to dump it if you want it read by pilots, wouldn't you agree ?

Edited to say, to emphasise there is a place for us all in aviation, ironically the crew only became aware of the incident in Dublin courtesy of a member of the public who reported the nacelle striking the runway. Operating crew felt/suspected nothing, crew taking over didn't see it hidden under the engine, so & well done to Mr Reginald S Potter n'est pas ?

Last edited by captplaystation; 2nd May 2011 at 00:30.