PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are so many EK FO's failing the upgrade interviews?
Old 30th Apr 2011, 10:03
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TU, me thinks you are one of the very people I mentioned! Perhaps you ARE one of the lazy little gits that does c0ck all study and then EXPECT the upgrade to fall in their lap?

No-one can 'teach' or 'train' you to be a Captain. It is a frame of mind mixed with technical ability and experience. Some guys are ready for it, some are not...simple really!

But frankly if I was a TRE and you showed up for your upgrade expecting me to wipe your bottom for you and teach you stuff you should already know then you can f@ck right off back to the RHS for all of eternity for all I care.

If however you turn up having put in the work, made the effort and have a professional attitude, I would bend over backwards to help you out.... See where we're going with this? Act like a loser, remain a loser!! Got a problem with that?

Let me put it like this, have you EVER in the history of aviation known of an occasion where someone has turned up for a sim/interview fully prepared, knowledgeable and with a good attitude and who puts in a great performance that has failed?? No, I didn't think so. There are however many who have thought they have put in a great performance but actually had a gaping hole in their ability but refuse to admit it..... these are the ones who will do their hardest to blame everyone/everything but themselves. We all have bad days in the sim and occasionally you WILL come across a sh1tty trainer (this incidentally is not exclusive to EK), but this is accounted for by flicking through your records and seeing that it was a one off because 'bloggs' clearly just had a bad day in the office...... Bloggs will not fail, he will be given the opportunity to improve and prove himself. There are however those who have crap records full of 2's and 3's who become vocal on how everything's crap, life's unfair and its all EK's fault and then vent it on Pprune! But as was mentioned above, there are many who just quietly get on with their jobs in a professional manor and gladly accept the 12k dhs pay rise.

Last edited by Oblaaspop; 30th Apr 2011 at 10:27.