PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are so many EK FO's failing the upgrade interviews?
Old 30th Apr 2011, 06:51
sheikmyarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact is that EK ineherently creates the conditions for low level captains to be produced and this is true now as it was in the past...but becoming worst and worst with the expansion.
It is an oppressive and ass licking prone environment runned on terror.
Per my experience interview questions are always the same taken from a restricted database and I doubt the German guy has such a scientific approach.
Anyway so much trust into psychometrics and psychology, which are unexact sciences by definition, is and would be in this case even more ridicolous and is just the expression of the paranoia behind the scene at higher floor and generally widespread in that society. Memorizing a sufficient amount of informations, getting the easily retrievable info on LOE scenarios and other gauges ,having had a remissive attitude (low head, a lot of " Ohh I see"..) not having called sick too much and having basic flying skills will land you a left seat on a wide body. Luckily with todays technology and reliabiltiy my grand mother could fly.
If you have a little of personality and you tend to be ethical just forget EK.

Last edited by sheikmyarse; 30th Apr 2011 at 11:28.