PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Singapore cabin crew
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2011, 02:47
flightasia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another point that i have not mentioned yet is that fact that the large majority of these "singapore base crew" are not singapore citizens, there mainly from surrounding 3rd world countries. The majority of these crews speak very poor english. I just wonder if Jetstar did a risk assessment on this. It is clearly established by Geert Hofstede that your national culture really has a large impact on an organisations safety. All these national culture influences such as power distance, uncertainly avoidance, individualism vs collectivism, all these factor these 3rd world crew members will likely have an individual impact on the safety of the airline. Jetstar does not take safety seriously, tiger the same, airasia that same. The terrible fact of these low cost airlines is they are trying to increase there market share but the fact is its a false market in a lot of cases, your getting people that dont really need to fly flying on these airlines just because the ticket was cheap. if the ticket was not cheap then they would not have travelled at all. This is a false market driven by low prices and how sustainable is it?

And please not get me wrong, I totally love singapore and have really enjoyed living there over some years, its a great city with some great people.