PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2011, 01:48
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
captplaystation,

The forum for spotters is called 'Spectator's Balcony'. You will find it in the dropdown menu listing PPRuNe forums. And by the way, there is nothing wrong with that forum or the contributors who post on it. They are people every bit as good as yourself, although most display better manners.

This forum is entitled 'Airlines, Airports & Routes' and is used primarily by industry professionals to discuss those topics. Your cursory dismissal of it reflects poorly on YOU, not the many excellent contributors to this forum and the discussions therein. And as for spotters, who are you to be so condescending towards them? Some of the most successful professionals in the aviation business were first attracted to this industry as a result of a keen interest in aircraft during their early years. I for one welcome their enthusiasm for our industry, and will happily answer their questions when I am able to do so.

The few with dismissive and condescending attitudes such as yours are a blight upon this industry. There is just no need for it. You could have made your suggestion that the mods move your landing incident issue to "techlog" without descending into childish generalisations against the valued contributors who frequent the AA&R forum. Your sneering negativity is not appreciated here.

And if you think you are so superior to those who do populate this forum, please stop to consider how "sumfin like that" [sic] makes you look. Do you really believe yourself to be more professional than the regulars on AA&R?

Apologies to readers on this thread for my drift away from the more immediate Ryanair topic. However, certain posters need to show greater courtesy and respect towards other users on here. I for one do not wish to see valued contributors dissuaded from sharing their comments with this forum for fear of being judged / intimidated by a small number of condescending interlopers. To young enthusiasts starting out who fancy a career in this industry ... keep reading, contributing and learning. Not everybody in aviation is totally up themselves. Just the odd ones who make themselves rather easy to spot.

SHED.