PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Singapore cabin crew
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2011, 15:52
flightasia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DrPepz: You facts are not correct, qantas does not do PER-SIN-PER with out a stop over, this flight does not fall within flight and duty times for Australian standards. However in singapore this flight is fine, yes jetstar does do this but they operate it with there singapore registered aircraft, not the australia registered, they do this to avoid this law.

Also you said that jetstar has a AOC in singapore, yes it does but thats not what i am talking about with foreign crew, i am talking about the foreign crew that jetstar put on an australia registered aircraft (not the 9V).

Yes singapore may have the highest salaries in asia but there still paying a lot less then australian salaries, so whats your point? its still below australia standards on pay and conditions, and they can do what they want without clear transparency thanks to the singapore government, WHEN have you ever heard anything negative about singapore airlines from the singapore government or media?

If Jetstar wants to continue this practice then they should just register all there aircraft with foreign crew in singapore, then be upfront and honest about who your flying with a Singapore airline or an australia airline!!!

also I know that JQ is doing these tag flights, but my point is other flights even the non tag that say just depart PER for Bali or SYD Bali, are also illegal when these crews are departing on australian registered aircraft (after a stop over). It is a real gray and controversial area that jetstar has entered into, this is going to end in egg on their faces one way or another, the commit from a JQ flight attended that the current culture of jetstar is toxic in the end the company will burn its self from the inside.