PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2011, 19:36
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair/Terminal/easyjet

NorthernCounties

Alicante and now Dublin is released with the latter at three daily except Sunday (two). Same as last winter with Dublin providing the early morning inbound and BHX the afternoon and evening service.

LDY still not available.

GayFriendly

easyjet is a frustration and I can only think it is a case of having strong bases just to the north and south that they are happy with the coverage they have. The routes you have mentioned you would think are made for easy and the A319 but on the other hand nobody else is exactly rushing in to fill the gaps. Although BMI Baby might I suppose take a look at some of these when aircraft 4 arrives.

jpthomas72

I too flew out last Friday and security despite being busy worked extremely well despite the fact the OP family took the services of one member of staff for having the wrong size see-through bag (couldn't find the dimensions on the BHX site - over-sized hand luggage yes but over-sized liquids bag!). BHX were also very vigilant (top marks) compared to the what seemed a more relaxed approach on our return at the new ALC terminal.

We deliberately went into the old T1 area, as the others in the party wanted to browse and even one member of WH Smith's staff saw our boarding pass and told my wife that she was in the wrong part of the Terminal for FR flights, which of course she knew but still good to know someone bothered.

The old T2 was quieter but on the whole things seemed to working okay but April's figures are only likely to hit 2003 or 2004 levels.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 30th Apr 2011 at 08:55. Reason: corrections & spelling