PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QantasLink Seniority
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2002, 13:16
ESSI02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redeployment of the B1900 drivers into the Dash 8 fleet, is a difficult issue and one which I'm sure has been examined thoroughly.

To repeat what may have already been said - while such a decision rests with management alone, it is conceivable that 2 obstacles exist prohibiting the option - an unquestionable loss of training investment when eventual expansion recalls redundant flight crew; the potential industrial issue of Impulse flight crew enjoying non-reciprocal employment rights (until mutual Agreements are formulated). Hypothetically, if a Dash 8 crewmember is made redundant, would he currently be entitled to the first available B717 F/O position? Many SAA pilots face that very situation equally with no reciprocal rights - it is a complex argument which will have no solution until a formal policy is put in place, dare I say it, by closer co-operation of all Qantaslink flight crew.

To reflect on the concerns of redundant B1900 crew - I'm confident that your futures with Impulse are assured and well within the 3 year guarantee period - stay positive.

I hope that any other concerns in relation to the proposed Agreement are constructively addressed to the IPC negotiating team for future resolution.