PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New job offer.... Contract contains recurrent training bond.
Old 28th Apr 2011, 07:36
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tend to go. With Franks sentiments. In this recession if you had a chance of bettering your flying career and turn it down just because you have to be bonded regarding recurrents then IMO you have made a serious error of judgement.

Some of us would love to have our recurrents paid for never mind making a small commitment to a lot of money someone has paid on you.

Yes in other walks of life companies pay for employee training but few match the levels of aviation costs. As a freelancer who has to source the cheapest recurrents I can and claw them back through charges I would love to be sent off for expensive recurrents at someone elses risk and cost.

The request that if I leave ( my choice) I have to pay a portion back sounds very reasonable.

Ok a few years ago in the days of milk and honey when qualified crew were in short supply you could very much state your own terms but its not milk and honey at present and most are very cautious at how they throw their money about.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 28th Apr 2011 at 08:17.