PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet share price crash - 'no blame'
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2002, 11:46
airrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sell your Easy shares and use the money to buy BA shares(going for a bargain). Great longterm investment. Yes I am BA, Yes I am Serious.

Stelios is getting out himself, unloaded a lot already, and has stepped back from it's running(good timing so he cannot be blamed) and the whole thing was his idea in the first place. Low-cost expanding airlines grow exponentially but they also quickly run up against a brick wall of escalating costs once they get too BIG, leave their home territory or start buying other outfits(GO, D.BA)as their own recruitment becomes strained. If they try to go LH, the costs will grow even more exponentially than their profits, so there are physical limits to which Easy can grow. To add to the problem, as the airline grows, they start facing the same problems destroying BA. Employees get frustrated by the growing inefficencies or resent being bought out(GO) and after a few years under their belt start demanding better T&C's.

Easy has changed the face of SH European travel forever no one is doubting that. It will continue to be a Viable carrier and the most dominant in SH in Europe before long. But once the growth inevitably slows, how many shareholders do you think are going to hang in there ? Don't keep all your Eggs in One basket, even Stelios doesn't do that !

Good Luck and Well done !!!

PS: I would wait until the Iraq War starts next week to buy BA.

Last edited by airrage; 24th Sep 2002 at 13:38.