PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are so many EK FO's failing the upgrade interviews?
Old 28th Apr 2011, 03:43
9 points

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wazza, apologies, my term was incorrect. I meant to ask if non British/Canadian/Australian etc English as a first language, white applicants were being discriminated against.

3 holer, you are incorrect to imply that I made a statement of fact, I did not. I only posted a question and relayed a rumour (being careful to make it clear that it was a rumour). After all this is the PP-RUmour-NE. Why are you so quick to attack? What is your agenda?

Harry - Is what you say fact? More detail please, date ranges, numbers etc. If your info is correct I would love to believe it but could you be more detailed?

RUMOUR has it that the interviews are now much harder than a few years ago, this seems to be reflected in the change to the EK minimum pass gradings in the sim etc. Now raising the standard is a good thing but it must be fair to all ethic groups. EK should not discriminate against FO's whom only 5 or so years ago were welcomed as future Captains and whom in many cases were Captains in their previous airlines.

So what's the truth???