PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decompression....
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2011, 01:16
3 bladed beast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm very glad I started this thread, as on the whole it's very refreshing to see the majority think along the same lines.

'Luckily' i will be doing Decom towards the end of May, and I will gladly give details. I truly hope it's two days of relaxing, unwinding, beach time and some beer.

My major stress is where I'm going to get Euros from to pay for said lager and did I pack my swim shorts???

Back to topic; so far the most stressful thing has been the slightly thinner than usual mattress, and sometimes the showers are luke warm.

The Det in Kandahar ( again, I speak for myself and the people I work with) is relatively comfortable with Wifi, quilts, coffee shops, Timmy Hortons and in all the years I've done, I have yet to witness anything that would come close to me needing decompression.

Once again, a onesizefitsall doesn't work, CAM are on side and it's just an example of high up Army doing a coverall policy, which doesn't meet the needs of personnel.

I'm not speaking as an individual, but for years worth of Dets and hundreds of guys on them.