PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SportCruiser Question
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2011, 20:44
Conventional Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry I don't agree about the looks to be honest.

I've owned cars, motorbikes, caravans all sorts of things because I liked the looks! It's not that weird really, buying a plane for me is other than paying a mortgage the biggest investment I'll ever make. The Tecnam, well I don't know how to put it, it looks 20-3O years older than an SC and doesn't grab me in the same way. It might sound minor but I'm far more likely to put time into looking after the SC than something that looks a bit, well like a plastic T67 (not that I've got anything against the T67, mighty fine aeroplane but that isn't what I'm buying into!)

For sure though I appreciate all the comments and I have more research to do, though I feel more informed for sure it is time to try them out and see which I like the most. I've also taken note of the improvements to be incorporated into the SC so fly it and see time. To be honest before asking I wouldn't have quite known where to have started, now I can put together proper comparisons for 1000hr running costs, get some real world insurance quotes, hangar fees etc. The main thing is going back to the original question, I can buy a factory built SC and fly it in the UK