PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2011, 18:51
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cargo/EZY

Great news on the cargo front and credit where credit is due, that kind of increase (even if boosted by the closure of CVT) is no mean feat in these difficult economic times. But I couldn't agree more with crewmeal, a few more routes and passengers would not go amiss.

Which brings me onto EZY - I have just returned from my sixth return EZY flight this year (LPL-KRK-LPL, full both ways) others have included MAN-RAK, LPL-FCO and BRS-SXF. I have had nothing but on time flights and consistently good ground and cabin service throughout. Travelling with hand luggage only, I have found fares competitive (and MUCH cheaper than flying a conecting flight with a legacy carrier from BHX despite the cost of getting the coach or train to other airports) and the fact you can print boarding cards for both return legs and go straight through to the gate is fantastic. So, does anyone out there know the real reason why BHX has not been able to attract this airline. Their route map is filled with places crying out to be served from BHX, the A319 in my opinion would be ideal for most routes. What do BRS, LPL, EDI, GLA etc offer that BHX doesn't? I would have flown from BHX (in fact much preferred to) if direct flights to these destinations were available, therefore BHX's loss is LPL, BRS and MAN gain! I know that you can't please everyone all the time and there seem to be many out there prepared to pay for legacy carriers from BHX for European flights but I would love to know why EZY don't see BHX as a viable base option?