PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates pay rise
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2011, 10:13
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Laker I wasn't aware of the minimum pay, but don't forget that the $14k is before tax in the US

If you take the allowance, you can sit at home for months on end here with a broken back and TAKE HOME $14k......... So yeah, like I said, not on the same graph. BTW, did you note the bit about only being able to spend the last few years of your career earning that in the US?

Nolimit, you make a valid point about having to live in Dubai and you are correct most of us would rather live in the US, but as we all know the Aviation industry is f@cked over there (albeit not as badly f@cked as your mother land) and the chances of getting the same package as here just aint gonna happen.

So seeing as this is a thread about an EK payrise and by default the EK package, then I feel it is relevant to talk about it especially as the US thing was brought up by someone else (TOGA) saying how crap the EK package is compared to the US like for like which was simply not true! Not an EK apologiser at all (whatever that means!!), just stating facts......... Shame you feel unable/unwilling to do the same!