PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Virgin Blue EBA Poll
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2002, 01:43
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd just like to clarify a point.

B747-400 F/O was binned as a result of his suggestion that

the LARGE majority of other drivers at DJ are guys who could never get into a real airline with proper pay for whatever reason, and basically grabbed any rope from Virgin to fly a 737.
which I think is offensive and demeaning to those people.

then longjohn reflects that

Lets call a spade a spade, prior to Ansett's collapse, were not the vast majority of Virgin's low / nil jet time pilots AN and QF rejects?
with the implication that if your were not selected by AN or QF that you are somehow a reject.

Might I suggest that that "failing" to get a guernsey with either does not in itself mean anything, but that you did not fit their respective "cardboard cutouts " of what they believe represents "their sort of person" and/or you did, but that you missed the "numbers" cut off.

One must also remember that at the time of VBs conception there were many applauding the opportunities it provided and I wont even go near the Impulse issue.

Either way it's called "life" there have since been some "interesting" changes and some went forward and some went backward.
longjohn again
Just goes to show, aviation has little to do with experience or ability and a lot to do with luck.
Ain't that a fact.

Either way, your professional colleagues deserve respect for the "fact" that they operate the same equipment to the same standards to which you are required.
You may have subjective opininons as to whether they or you do it "better" whatever that means, but they are only that, "subjective opinions".

QF and VB are both on learning curves and will, as they must in this business, forever be.
I suspect most in QF would admit that they have had to relearn some lessons and I'm sure VB would admit likewise.

In so far as income is concerned, I'm not getting into that other than to say that you should be supporting each other proactively as fellow proffesionals.

The "I'm more professional than you because...." routine is as futile an argument as to "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.", that is "interesting" but hardly the point.

This is THE Professional Pilots Forum, to be used for professional and rational discussion of your common issues, please continue to use it in that manner.

Oh and BTW if you sadly and desperately need an enemy, it should not be your fellow professional pilots.

If you think I am out of line I would appreciate an incisive post as to why this is so.

Last edited by Woomera; 24th Sep 2002 at 02:01.