PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SportCruiser Question
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2011, 13:20
dstevens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Facts

I own a Factory built Sportcruiser, and can give a few facts if anyone is interested:

- The aircraft are perfectly legal (where did that "grey" comment come from??!!)

- They are on an EASA Permit to Fly, issued by the CAA

- I just received my Annual PtF validation

- Maintenance is not under Part-M, it is subject to BCAR S, although some of us are choosing to follow the more stringent "LAMS" regime out of choice.

- This means that some (quite a lot) of work can be done by the owner/pilot, but there are some jobs that must be done by an approved maintenance organisation. Again, some of us are choosing to have an Approved org do all the work, ijncluding 6 monthly checks and rotax work, for piece of mind, but it is not mandatory.

- Once EASA decides upon a Sport Aircraft (or similar) maintenance regime, we may fall under that, but who knows...

It is a great aircraft, economical (I flew Kemble/Isles of Scilly return recently, and used just over half tanks of Mogas) and fun.

It was announced at Fred'r'schafen (can't spell it) that a dsitributor has been appointed, I believe, in the UK, so as far as I understand, you CAN by a new, factory built Sportcruiser.