PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A sign of the times
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2011, 03:14
Captain Dart

Location: with the other ex-CX pond scum (a zoologist was once head of Flight Ops)
Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
I don't see any problem; a Taipei turnaround is about 1 hr 30 minutes each way and would be an ideal flight to observe. Airline staff sit on the jump seat to get where they are going all the time; the longest I've had is a 'stranger' on the jump seat from Hong Kong to Toronto non stop!

The only requirement to visit the toilet is that the seat belt signs are off and outside the door is checked. And if you think that the jump seat is uncomfortable, it is not that different to the pilots' seats. Spare a thought for us on arrivals off long haul flights!

I personally would welcome any HKG ATCO in the cockpit any time; particularly during summer! I would also have thought that the local airline managements would bend over backwards to look after HKG controllers and get them on flights. Having an efficient and pleasant relationship with ATC would be of great benefit to the local companies; but what would I know? I'm just a pilot.

Last edited by Captain Dart; 25th Apr 2011 at 08:42.