PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SportCruiser Question
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2011, 23:09
Conventional Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been searching the web and it seems they are on an EASA permit which all appears to be very grey to my poor little brain.

To answer what I really want:

Cheep flying for the next 10 - 20 years

An aircraft I can do more to than change the plugs and polish. I'm handy with spanners, but not a certified aero engineer, though I would like to be able to do stuff like a basic oil change etc without paying a fortune for it to be done.

Something totally modern.

I'm not keen on the kit route, I've probably got the ability (done a couple of courses where they thought I would probably do OK), but truth is I just want to fly, like now.

My master plan was to buy a Chipmunk and then syndicate it, recovering most of the capital to buy a SportCruiser. I'm not all that convinced that a Chipmunk syndicate is viable, hence I'm now considering just bunging all the capital at the SportCruiser for my own Private use.

So assuming I can buy a SportCruiser factory built and fly it on an EASA permit as a G reg, do I need a certified engineer to do the maintenance? Would this be a different story if it was a kit built version?