PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2011, 10:46
jetsgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The EuroHub gates are 1-20, and the international pier gates are 40-68. What happened to 21-39?
In the 10 years I’ve known BHX T1 gates always ranged 39-90. I think 21-39 have gradually been lost over the years of constant development and changes. I think rather than re-number all the gates again after they were just re-number with the new pier and confuse people even more they have just left them as they are.
Last question: For e.g. Is a KLM 738 allowed to depart from the (old) terminal 2 Eurohub part of the airport? and are flybe allowed to depart from the international pier?
The whole point of the one terminal concept was to save money on security staff etc... You can still access the old terminal 2 lounge as they are gates 1-20.

It would be difficult to arrive a KL at the old T2 as there are still 2 arrivals halls. You need consistency where you park the aircraft so that immigration can plan accordingly and the baggage handlers know where to dump the bags etc.

As for the departure not such an issue. KL/AF check-in is in the old T2 and aircraft are parked at T1.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.