PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brymon - This is unfair!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2001, 19:22
GonvilleBromhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I think the general consensus of opinion on the criteria set by any airline, and thus the criteria that must be met by any prospective employee, is an accepted one by most people. If they stipulate 1000 hours and you must attend the interview dressed as Batman, then so be it, that's the way you play it, no question.

However, and please do not take this as a whinge as I have already stipulated that I am more than happy to do whatever it takes (probably instruct for a year or two) to get those all important hours, but will there come a time when the APPROVED modular route is seen as attractive as 509 ?

Personally, although maybe a limited amount of truth in the GENERAL case of 509'ers being an easier package to train than modular (still not totally convinced), the ability and the learning capacity/ability can not in all honesty vary that greatly between the two populations as a whole.

All comments welcome.

And yes, agree with post above 100%. Good luck to any guys going for these posts, any recruitment and tales of success always good to see.

Cheers.