PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brymon - This is unfair!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2001, 02:46
sydneyc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to add my voice to Scroggs. There seem to be an incredible number of people on this site who think the moment they move into the world of aviation, all standard business practices go out of the window - that airlines and operators exist solely to allow wannabes to realise their ambitions. Of course this can never be. Several people have mentioned how terrible it would be if City jobs were handed out to only those from the right universities - wake up everyone, that is the ONLY way it works, and ever will work for that matter.

I have seen many posts from people who feel it is their right to have a job flying after all of the training - if only life were that fair. I just cannot understand how such an idealogical viewpoint can exist amongst so many 2nd career-ers on this site. And to accuse Scroggs of not offering sufficient encouragement? ?? What is this, a forum for intelligent adults or some sort of creche?!? Maybe I'll start a thread elsewhere about trips to the zoo and set an essay writing challenge - "My Favourite Day...." In the meantime, get a grip people.