PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France jet clips smaller plane at New York's JFK airport
Old 21st Apr 2011, 19:02
aterpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grimmrad:

Eh - have you been in Paris or NYC? Some people though say it (NYC) is the most exciting city in the world. One thing it certainly does, which is it has members of all peoples all over the world which alone makes it a fascinating place? Pretty it ain't - but fascinating it is.
Never been to Paris, although I did see the E-file tower poking up above the stratus once on a flight from FCO to BOS.

As to NYC, more specifically Manhattan, as a crewmember I had probably 400 or more 24 or so hour layovers there. (A few 72 hour layovers with holiday cancellations.) Plus, when I was on my pilot union's MEC I would spend several days at a time there. My first brief visit was in 1951 when I was 14 years old. Then, before my airline days I spent a week there in 1961 and two weeks in 1962 on business.

I mostly enjoyed the place so long as someone else was paying my bills. But, I never did enjoy the horrible rides from JFK to midtown and back again.

So, I certainly had my fill. No way I would go back there using my money.

As to Paris, I couldn't begin to afford that place. My other views about Paris are generally not shared. If I was loaded and had a French guide, then, yes, I would love to visit Paris.